Out & About
Cooking with Friends
April 8, 2017
Veggie Caesar salad
This is a delicious twist on the classic Caesar salad. Bella Lodi is very similar to Parmesan but it doesn’t contain rennet – if you’re not vegetarian, go with whatever you can find.
1 romaine lettuce
1 red chicory
½ a small red onion
4 sprigs of fresh chervil
4 sprigs of fresh red basil
extra virgin olive oil
20g Bella Lodi cheese
2 cloves of garlic
10g Bella Lodi cheese
250g natural yoghurt
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
2. Tear the ciabatta into bite-sized pieces, place on a baking tray, then drizzle with olive oil. Place in the hot oven for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
3. Tip the hazelnuts onto another small baking tray, then place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until golden.
4. Make the Caesar dressing. Peel and crush the garlic into a bowl, finely grate in the cheese, then stir in the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
5. Remove the ciabatta and hazelnuts from the oven. Bash the nuts in a pestle and mortar, then set aside.
6. Click off any tatty outer leaves from the romaine lettuce, then shred. Click off the chicory leaves.
7. Using a mandolin, peel and very finely slice the onion, then finely shave the cauliflower.
8. Place the veg and ciabatta croutons into a bowl, stir in the Caesar dressing, then season to taste.
9. Transfer to a serving platter, scatter over the hazelnuts and pick the herb leaves on top. Serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and shavings of Bella Lodi.
I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
CUCUMBER CUPS, GREEK YOGURT & MOONG SPROUT CHAT - vegetarian fusion appetizer
December 4, 2019
RED LENTIL & VERMICELLI SOUP - Middle East twist, Hearty delicious soup
November 26, 2019
STACKED AUBERGINE WITH BAINGAN BHARTA FILLING AND DRIZZLED WITH SPICY RED SAUCE - for those like me who love Aubergines!
November 20, 2019
Cottage Cheese Grilled Italian Ciabatta - sizzling filling with onions,tomatoes,spiced with green chilies and Garam masala - this Italian Ciabatta is...
November 7, 2019
CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP - Healthy fresh meal brimming with veggies!
November 4, 2019
Moong dal chutney - healthy green chutney.
June 12, 2019
Mungfally ki chutney - made with peanuts and chana dal
LEGAMAAT - Arabic dessert.Crunchy sweet dumplings infused with saffron and cardamom. Serve with date syrup, honey or sugar syrup.
June 5, 2019
DATES KULFI made with Rainbow Milk, so creamy, smooth and simply irresistible!
May 27, 2019
AUTHENTIC GREEK TZATZIKI - Indulge in this Thick and Creamy Restaurant-Style Tzatziki Dip a great sauce, dip, or spread.
May 9, 2019
December 2019 (1)
November 2019 (4)
June 2019 (3)
May 2019 (3)