NANKHATAI SHORTBREAD COOKIES
Cooking With Friends Kushboo Jaswani
Festive all year round favourite shortbread cookies
1 cup Maida (Plain Flour)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons of melted ghee
Pinch of Bicarbonate of soda
Elachi Powder (Cardomom) to taste
Saffron ,Sliced almonds and pistachios
1. Mix together sugar and melted ghee (ghee must be hot) until creamy.
2. Sift flour and bicarbonate of soda and add to the above creamy mixture.
3. Add elaichi (Cardamom) to the mixture and make a dough.
4. Divide the dough equally to make 10-12 small round balls with your palms and slightly flatten them. Press on top saffron, almonds and pistachios for garnish.
5. Pre-heat oven at 180 degrees
6. Place Nankhatai on a greased tray and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes until light golden
7. Remove from oven and place on a wire tray and allow to cool.