Tomato & ricotta bruschetta
JAMIE OLIVER'S Tomato & ricotta bruschetta
160g ripe cherry tomatoes (mixed colours if possible)
4 sprigs of fresh basil
extra virgin olive oil
2 sprigs of fresh flat-leaf parsley
180g Westcombe ricotta or other quality ricotta
½ a lemon
½ a clove of garlic
2 tablespoons sundried tomato paste
15g ricotta salata
1. Preheat the grill to high.
2. Halve and place the tomatoes into a bowl, pick in half the basil leaves, then add a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a good pinch of sea salt and a pinch of black pepper. Toss well.
3. Pick and finely chop the parsley leaves, then combine with the ricotta, a squeeze of lemon juice and a little salt and pepper.
4. Slice the ciabatta at an angle into 1cm slices, rub with a little olive oil, then pop under the grill for a few minutes, or until golden and crisp, turning halfway.
5. Rub with the cut side of the garlic, spread over the tomato paste, then arrange on a serving plate.
6. Swirl the ricotta mix onto the toasts, spoon over the tomatoes, then pick the remaining basil leaves on top.
7. Finish with a grating of ricotta salata and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.