MANGOSTEEN & BLACK-EYE PEA SALAD
Scrumptious Mangosteen, Mandarin and Black Eye Pea Salad with jalapenos, spring onions and a dressing of olive oil and mandarin juice, finally drizzled with mascarpone, mandarin and chives cream. Very refreshing salad full of colours and flavours.
150gm Black eye peas boiled
4-5 Mandarin juice and segments
1 jalapenos sliced
1 small bunch of spring onions
4-5 mint leaves
2 tbsp mascarpone
2 tbsp chives
3-4 garlic (roasted)
mock soya small squares roasted in oven to make crispy (optional)
1 tbsp olive oil
rock salt to taste
chilli flakes to taste
black pepper to taste
1. Cut mandarin's into small pieces and also juice 2 -3 mandarins (strain after juicing)
2. Roast the garlic, and mock soya. Cut both into small pieces.
3. Finely chop spring onions, mint, coriander.
4. Blend together mascarpone and mandarin juice add chopped chives (leave in the fridge)
5. Mix together in a bowl: Black eye peas, spring onions, mint, coriander, olive oil, mandarin juice, rock salt, chilli flakes, black pepper.
6. Finally add the mangoteen and mandarin segments, toss together and place in a serving dish.
7. When serving, sprinkle the garlic and mock soya pieces and then drizzle the mascarpone dressing through the middle of the salad.