250g cottage cheese
2-3 tsp sunflower oil
1-2 tsp cumin seeds
1 cup onion finely chopped
1 cup chopped tomato
2 tbsp tomato puree
1-2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp kasoori methi
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp fresh cream
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander for garnishing
Ginger julienne for sprinkling on top for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan. Saute cumin and chopped onion in the pan until transparent.
2. Add chopped tomatoes and stir well cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomato puree and simmer for 1-2 mins.
3. Allow the tomato and onion mixture to cool down and then blend too a smooth paste. Strain through a sieve.
5. Heat a pan and pour the sieved mixture back into the pan. To this add the red chili powder, garam masala, and kasoori methi.
6. Stir in the paneer, stir well and allow to cook for 6-8 minutes.
7. Add the butter and cream and simmer for further 2 minutes or until the paneer is cooked.
9. Serve Paneer Lababdar hot and garnish with ginger julienne and chopped coriander.
10. Serve with plain rice topped with cashew nuts and jeera or paratha or naan.